Contract type: Temporary
Within the context of the EU funded project INERA (Grant agreement no: 316309) “Research and Innovation Capacity Strengthening of ISSP-BAS in Multifunctional Nanostructures” (http://www.inera.org), the Institute of Solid State Physics (ISSP) at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) is looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to drive the Intellectual Property (IP) rights and Knowledge & Technology Transfer issues.
ISSP is a leading Bulgarian research institute in the field of solid matter research and its applications into multifunctional nanostructures. The INERA is an important mean for ISSP to rapidly increase its human and technological capacities, to reinforce its local networks and to deepen its partnerships on a European scale. It will mainly consist in an upgrade of equipment, scientific mobility trainings in leading EU research centres, life-long trainings, partnership deepening and dissemination activities.
The Intellectual Property Manager will be responsible for the overall coordination of research related technology transfer activities and collaborating for the development and implementation of an IP and K&TT strategy, developing mutual agreements and active partnership with the private sector and foreign countries. The position requires an extensive interface with outside counsel and internal client support and training. Job duties include:
- responsibility for multiple aspects of new patent creation and maintenance of the existing patent portfolio;
- intellectual property support;
- staff training;
- identifying potential synergies for IP with companies and other scientific institutions;
- enhancing the culture and awareness of the researchers on IP, including an ongoing evaluation of Institute research for IP potential;
- contribution to elaboration of the Innovation Strategies of the Institute.
The Intellectual Property Manager will:
- Interact with both research and technical team members across the Institute to understand research initiatives and current and future product and technology development;
- Manage the ‘idea to patent’ lifecycle and administer the patents issued;
- Establish an annual IP delivery roadmap together with the relevant stakeholders;
- Ensure timely and successful delivery of the goals of the Innovation Strategy in accordance with the roadmap.
The position is limited to 15.07.2016.
An internationally competitive salary, dependent on experience, will be offered.
- Master degree in Science or Engineering or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience; Ph.D. in Science or Engineering is an advantage;
- Previous experience as a Patent Agent, Patent Manager, Technology Transfer Manager, IP manager or a similar discipline in a corporate or legal setting;
- Previous experience in the preparation and implementation of national and international projects;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Second foreign language would be considered as an advantage;
- Educational background in Physics/ Chemistry /Biology/Engineering is an advantage;
- Experience in a research and development organizations.
Application documents: CV, names and contact e-mail of two potential referees
Application e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Application Deadline: 10/05/2014
Envisaged Job Starting Date: 01/06/2014