Contract type: Temporary
Within the context of the EU funded project INERA (Grant agreement no: 316309) “Research and Innovation Capacity Strengthening of ISSP-BAS in Multifunctional Nanostructures” (http://www.inera.org), the Institute of Solid State Physics (ISSP) at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) is looking for a Postdoctoral fellow in the field of applied physics (laser-mater interaction).
ISSP is a leading Bulgarian research institute in the field of solid matter research and its applications into multifunctional nanostructures. The INERA is an important mean for ISSP to rapidly increase its human and technological capacities, to reinforce its local networks and to deepen its partnerships on a European scale. It will mainly consist in an upgrade of equipment, scientific mobility trainings in leading EU research centres, life-long trainings, partnership deepening and dissemination activities.
The work will be focused on research in the field of laser processing and nanotechnology and will require intense interactions with theoretical and other experimental research groups. It will involve:
- experimental study of ultrafast fundamental processes that are triggered by the interaction of complex systems with ultrashort laser pulses;
- poly-diagnostics of different nanocomposites, nanostructured films and multilayers;
- spectroscopic characterization of laser ablated plasma and discharge plasmas of complex chemical composition;
- time-resolved spectroscopy
- identifying technology and product related know-how and IP developed in the frame of the project.
- developing communication tools and organizing workshops for dissemination and promotion activities in the project;
- presenting results at meetings and conferences.
The Postdoctoral position is limited to 15.07.2016.
An internationally competitive salary, dependent on experience, will be offered.
PhD degree in physics – applied physics, laser physics and nonlinear optics, materials science; minimum of one year experience in research at postdoctoral level in laser-plasma diagnostics and relevant areas of experimental exploration; strong publication record; experience in performing experimental research and modelling of complex plasmas.
Fluency in both written and spoken English is required for publishing high-quality research articles and successful communication with international collaboration partners.
Application documents: CV, list of publications, names and contact e-mail of two potential referees
Application e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 15/04/2014
Envisaged Job Starting Date: 02/05/2014