Contract type: Temporary
Within the context of the EU funded project INERA (Grant agreement no: 316309) “Research and Innovation Capacity Strengthening of ISSP-BAS in Multifunctional Nanostructures” (http://www.inera.org), the Institute of Solid State Physics (ISSP) at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) is looking for a Postdoctoral fellow in the field of soft matter physics (impedance spectroscopy).
ISSP is a leading Bulgarian research institute in the field of solid matter research and its applications into multifunctional nanostructures. The INERA is an important mean for ISSP to rapidly increase its human and technological capacities, to reinforce its local networks and to deepen its partnerships on a European scale. It will mainly consist in an upgrade of equipment, scientific mobility trainings in leading EU research centres, life-long trainings, partnership deepening and dissemination activities.
The work will be focused on research in the field of complex impedance analysis of nanostructured and bioactive liquid crystals and will require intense interactions with theoretical and other experimental research groups. It will involve:
- to develop and conduct laboratory experiments in a team environment via strong collaboration with members and colleagues in a goal-driven development effort;
- impedance spectroscopy applied to the study of liquid crystals, nano-materials, membranes, polymer materials and other types of soft matter;
- methods of impedance spectroscopy, dielectric characterization, frequency response analysis applied to the study of liquid crystals dependent on the structure of their surfaces, effect of confinement, interaction with the environment; bioactive liquids with particular attention on valuable APIs;
- to present ideas and results in effective technical presentations, prepare project reports, write technical papers and contribute to research proposals;
- to present results at meetings and conferences.
The Postdoctoral position is limited to 15.07.2016.
An internationally competitive salary, dependent on experience, will be offered.
PhD degree in physics or physical chemistry – liquid crystals, applied physics, soft matter physics;
Experience in research in relevant areas of experimental exploration; strong publication record; hands-on experience working with Impedance Analyzer; programming skills (Labview, Matlab, etc) and expertise with experimental techniques would be a great asset.
Fluency in both written and spoken English is required.
Application documents: CV, list of publications, names and contact e-mail of two potential referees
Application e-mail address: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 30/04/2014
Envisaged Job Starting Date: 15/06/2014